Monday, March 9, 2009

First blog . . .


This is my first blog post . . . I have been wanting to do this for some time as I enjoy reading other people's blogs. I especially enjoy vegan blogs showing pictures of food and giving new recipes for me to try out!

This first blog post will be about my lasagna cooking experience with teese (shown on the right). Up until this point I have been using Follow Your Heart cheese and finally found teese when my fiance, Brian and I went to D.C. last Tuesday. We made a trip to Sticky Fingers Bakery and they just so happened to sell teese in their cooler section. So of course I had to buy it and find a recipe to use it in. I have to say the result was very tasty and Brian and I had a midnight snack of it later the same night! Brian is an omnivore, but is slowly becoming closer toward being a vegan as I cook new and yummy recipes! Cross your fingers that he crosses over completely into veganism. As I read in a book somewhere some people are turkeys and some are wieners . . . in other words some people can quit things cold turkey and some have to wean themselves off of something. The book said that it's better to quit something cold turkey because if you try weaning yourself off of something you will crave it more and it will be harder to quit. Anyway, just a little food for thought . . . back to the lasagna . . . I found a great recipe to try out my teese on at What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway? The result was this deliciousness below:





Mmmm! Delish! That's all for now . . . more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment